Rupture celebrates its 7th year with a dedicated night of quality Drum & Bass both old & new
Good for your Structure
If you haven’t been to Rupture, & you are into Drum ‘n’ Bass – whether you like the newer jungle sound, or the old school & hardcore styles – it’s about time you checked out this event run by Double O & DJ Mantra.
- In 2006, DJ’s Mantra & Double O set up a dedicated night of quality D&B both old & new – Representing quality underground music.
- Since 2008 the event has taken place at Corsica Studios – a venue situated in 2 railway arches in Elephant and Castle in South London.
- It’s fully equipped with a Funktion one sound system, which is definitely booming. The tops are pretty good too, which means unlike some events, my ears don’t ring for days – even if I’ve been stood in front of a speaker cab.
- The music is always spot on, never failing to please, the bookings are always decent with a good mix of the well known to the criminally overlooked & smaller names.
- The crowd is a good mix of young & old, male & female, all kind of people from different backgrounds too, which is nice to see & reminds me of how it used to be.
- Room One: Loxy & Digital, Gremlinz & Double O, SB81, Rumbleton, Threshold, Theory, Antidote, Greenleaf, Miss Pink & Mizeyesis
- Room Two: DJ Trax & Nucleus, Chris Inperspective, Louise Plus One & Hughese, Dwarde & Gand, Nibbers & Dave Faze & DJ Groove
- Tickets for the night are only £5 early bird, £8 & £12 in advance, then more on the door.
Update – Just can’t Stop
- Big love to Nibbers for the support & playing the exclusive Just can’t stop (Peace & Love VIP) on dubplate on the night – The bass tore the place down. 😉
Promo mix by Nibbers for the event @ Corsica Studios on 15/11/2013
Mixed by Nibbers
Following on from an earlier event feature Link: Rupture London 7th Birthday – Here is a wicked promotional DJ Mix you can stream & download by the one & only Nibbers.
He’s selected some mellow & brutal slices of jungle for us & this time he’s playing room two @ Rupture. For those that know, you’ll need no introduction to the old school carnage ruptures second room brings, it’s possibly my fave room of the two.
- Running Time:
- File Size:
Jungle, Drum & Bass
- Click on a track title for its Discogs link
See you by the Bass Bins
- To hear more stuff like this – LOUD – get yourself down to the Rupture 7th Birthday bash on the 15th of November & mosey into room two around 11:30pm. I’ll be there for sure, will you?
- Rupture 7th Birthday @ Corsica Studios, 4-5 Elephant Rd, London SE17 1LB
All Rights Reserved. All content copyright & other rights reserved by its respective owners
Old school party playing the finest in Jungle & Hardcore.
Interlight @ The Castle
The Castle is a small, quiet by day East End boozer just down the road from Londons famous Brick Lane. At night it comes alive & hosts a few events, Interlight being one of them.
- Date: Friday 2nd Dec 2011
- Location: The Castle, 44 Commercial Rd, London, E1 1LB
Interlight is an old skool event run by Nibbers & Heidi Ice, playing the finest in Old School Drum & Bass, Jungle & Hardcore. There’s usually a bit of Reggae to get things warmed up courtesy of resident Ringo & then various guest DJs over the course of the night.
Guest have included (to date)
- Brockie, Equinox, Double O, Uncle Dugs, Tamsin, Threshold Jamie G, Madcap, Food Junky, Dave Faze, Fracture & Neptune, Ruffskool Crew – DJ Trax, Havoc, N-flow, Buddah Q, Chase, Q Gritty, Shockin’ B, Elegance, Enjoy, Fox, Probe, Funky Flirt, DJ Virus, Thumbzo, Ben Kei, iCandy, Panka, Mantra, FX, Skie & Mc Navigator. Sorry if I’ve left anyone out.
- Tickets: Admission is free before 12 midnight
- Guests: Mantra, Panka, DJ Virus, Stevie Boy & Thumbzo
- Resident DJs: Ringo, Nibbers, Heidi Ice & Double O
- Hosts: MC Major Ranks & MC Raptor
Interlight @ The Castle Mix